I will post more later but given all the blood, sweat, and tears we have poured into BigFix we are extremely excited about this move.
IBM and BigFix are a great fit. The product portfolios are very complementary (data center to the endpoint), the strategy and vision are well-aligned (automated service management and convergence) and the companies respective values and focus will drive greater innovation to the market
Product and market synergies
- BigFix offers best in class endpoint management (PCs, laptops, and distributed servers) that extends the IBM portfolio enabling their smarter computing vision from the data center to endpoints anywhere in the world
- Our product portfolios are very complementary, as demonstrated by the many joint customers we successfully serve today
Strategy and vision:
- We share a common vision for delivering automated service management and security and operational convergence to our customers worldwide
- IBM intends to continue to evolve the rich capabilities of the BigFix platform and to innovate, integrate, and expand the combined solutions to address a broader set of market requirements than ever before
Company values and market focus
- We share similar ideals and value around integrity and innovation
- We both have a workforce that is provisioned and dedicated to solving the problems of the largest and most sophisticated enterprise environments in the world.