Check out these pictures the Red Cross is using in San Francisco that depict a post-apocalyptic wasteland right in my backyard (here) from Boing Boing (here). I remember Loma Prieta, I remember working as a volunteer in West Oakland where the Nimitz fell, it was horrifying seeing the cars that were crushed by a double-decker freeway and I certainly appreciate preparedness, disaster recovery and limiting the impact when bad things happen – but aside from the awesome depiction of the Ferry Building this type of thing does little to drive change, just like those old “this is your brain on drugs ads” I am not sure that stopped anyone from trying drugs, personally it just made me afraid of fried eggs.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rolling Stone "The Biggest Cyber Crime in History - Sex, Drugs, and Hackers Gone Wild"
- AT&T U-Verse Universally Sucks!
- Client Hosted Virtual Desktops Part II; Back to Basics
- Hackers suck, McAfee Sucks Ass
- HP to Acquire Symantec
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Under Fire - Lawsuit Alleges Defamation and more
- Top 10 Reasons Your Security Program Sucks and Why You Can't Do Anything About It
- Top 10 Most Overhyped Technology Terms
- The Future of SIEM – The market will begin to diverge
- Alex Sotirov Amazon Amazon AWS Amazon EC2 anti-virus Apple Azure Barack Obama beyond the perimeter big data BigFix Botnets CA China Chris Hoff citrix cloud computing Conficker cybercrime cyber security Cyber Warfare Data security DDoS Desktop Virtualization DLP DNS EC2 Economics EMC End of the Internet endpoint security facebook FAIL FUD Gartner Google Google App Engine Hadoop Hoff HP IBM IDS Information Security Jacob Appelbaum malware Marketing McAfee Michael Howard Microsoft Microsoft Azure Microsoft Windows mobile computing NAC network security NIST patch management PCI President Obama Quantivo Reuven Cohen Risk RSA SaaS salesforce.com SDL Security social media Swarm Intelligence Symantec systems management twitter VC funding VDI Virtualization VMWare